Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Gole 1: 5" Windows PC is Perfect as Cnc Manual Controller

While testing the newly built Cnc Carver, it was really necessary to have a handheld manual control expecially when I am standing and would need to adjust positions of the x,y and z axis, I would have to go back to my pc which is located opposite my location. What happens is I kindda always walk around my lab most of the time which I consider unnecessary when I had a handheld manual controller.

I tried to look for available cnc manual controller but I have not had any success so I thought of other alternatives. The best alternative I could think of is to find a small pc than can be small enough to carry around my lab and will be able to run the GRBL Controller.

At first I considered using the raspberry pi and bought the waveshare 5" hdmi touch screen 1 year ago but I just could not make the touch panel work. Screen is not so bright, I think that screen technolgy is outdated already. I tried the Cherry Alpha Play but it was busted and irepairable and I think Cherry mobile has stopped selling it and not to mention that it has very limited capabilites but way better than the raspberry pi alternative. And finally, I found the gole 1 5" windows 10 pc. I think it is the world's smallest windows 10 pc and the hardware is just perfect for the application I need. It's small, very bright multi-touch ips screen, 4GB Ram, 64GB SSD Hard Disk Drive. It was awesome!!!

I really like the form factor, and now that I have this tiny pc, all I have to do is create a case that will be able to hold in place this pc plus the spindle manual speed controller and a huge e-stop button.

It will be perfect as my weekend project.


No comments:

Post a Comment